The school gates open at 8.40am when children in Years 1-6 come into school and walk to their classrooms. All children should be in class by 8.50am.
Reception children enter via the Stronsa Road gate at 8.45am. Nursery children enter via the Lefroy Road gate at 9.00am.
The school day finishes at 3.30pm Monday to Thursday and 2.30pm on a Friday. Nursery finishes at 3.15pm Monday to Thursday and 2.15pm on a Friday.
The school day is divided broadly into 5 sessions of about an hour.
The morning session is
- 8.50am – 11.45am for Nursery (full time pupils) 12.00pm for part time pupils
- 8.50am - 11.30pm for Reception and Years 1 and 2
- 8.50am – 12.00pm for Years 3 and 4
- 8.50am - 12.30pm for Years 5 and 6
All year groups have an hour for lunch.
The afternoon is from
- 12.30pm-3.15pm for Nursery (full time pupils)
- 12.30pm-3.30pm (2.30pm Friday) for Reception, Years 1 and 2
- 1.00pm to 3.30pm (2.30pm Friday) for Years 3 and 4
- 1.30pm to 3.30pm (2.30pm Friday) for Years 5 and 6.
There is a morning break of 15 minutes mid-morning. Years 1 and 2 have an afternoon break as well. Assemblies are daily and run for 15 minutes.
A typical week equals 32 hours and 20 minutes.
Each class has their own timetable which is published on the year group webpage and changes each half term. This timetable can be flexible to incorporate additional learning experiences.
Children should not arrive at school too early as we cannot assume responsibility before 8.40am it is at this time that the playground gates are opened to allow children to enter the school site. Please ensure your child arrives by 8.50am so your child is ready for learning in class.
Please note that from September 2023 the school day will be increasing to be 35.5 hours in a typical week.