The school gates open at 8.40am when all children (Nursery to Years 6) come into school and walk to their classrooms. Nursery children should be escorted to the Nursery gate through the playground. Reception children should be escorted to the Reception class doors. All children should be in class by 8.50am.
The school day finishes at 3.30pm Monday to Thursday and 2.40pm on a Friday. Nursery finishes at 3.20pm Monday to Thursday and 2.30pm on a Friday.
Mornings only Nursery children should be collected from the Lefroy Road gate at 12pm.
The school day is divided broadly into 5 sessions of about an hour.
The morning session is
- 8.50am – 11.45am for Nursery (full time pupils) 12.00pm for part time pupils
- 8.50am - 11.30pm for Reception and Years 1 and 2
- 8.50am – 12.00pm for Years 3 and 4
- 8.50am - 12.30pm for Years 5 and 6
All year groups have an hour for lunch.
The afternoon is from
- 12.30pm-3.15pm for Nursery (full time pupils)
- 12.30pm-3.30pm (2.30pm Friday) for Reception, Years 1 and 2
- 1.00pm to 3.30pm (2.40pm Friday) for Years 3 and 4
- 1.30pm to 3.30pm (2.40pm Friday) for Years 5 and 6.
There is a morning break of 15 minutes mid-morning. Years 1 and 2 have an afternoon break as well. Assemblies are daily and run for 15 minutes.
A typical week equals 32 hours and 30 minutes.
Each class has their own timetable which is published on the year group webpage and changes each half term. This timetable can be flexible to incorporate additional learning experiences.
Children should not arrive at school too early as we cannot assume responsibility before 8.40am it is at this time that the playground gates are opened to allow children to enter the school site. Please ensure your child arrives by 8.50am so your child is ready for learning in class.